Vale Indonesia appoints new president commissioner
JAKARTA (Rambu Energy) – PT Vale Indonesia Tbk’s extraordinary general meeting of shareholders (EGM) have approved the appointment of Jennifer Maki as new president commissioner of the company, replacing Ricardo Rodrigues de Carvalho, who has resigned earlier.
The company’s EGM also approved the appointment of Stuart Harshaw as commissioner, replacing Jennifer Maki, as well as Nobuhiro Matsumoto as commissioner, replacing Akira Nozaki.
The EGM also ratified the resignation of Ricardo Carvalho as the company’s president commissioner.
Jennifer Maki was one of senior executives of the company. Maki was elected to the board of commissioners in 2007. She is the chief financial administration officer of Vale Base Metal. As of January 2013, Maki also assumed the Human Resources and Corporate Affairs portfolios, in addition to the chief finance role, which she has held since 2007.
Maki joined Vale Canada in 2003 as Assistant Controller, financial planning analysis and has also held the roles of assistant controller, financial accounting and reporting, vice president and treasury.
Prior to joining Vale Canada, Maki spent 10 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP. She got her bachelor of commerce degree from Queen’s University and is a chartered accountant in Canada.
The current composition of the company’s board of commissioner is as follows:
- President Commissioner: Jennifer Maki
- Vice-President Commissioner and Independent Commissioner: Arief T. Surowidjojo
- Commissioner: Stuart Harshaw
- Commissioner: Kevin Graham
- Commissioner: Mark Travers
- Commissioner: Gerd Peter Poppinga
- Commissioner: Mikinobu Ogata
- Commissioner: Nobuhiro Matsumoto
- Independent Commissioner: Irwandy Arif
- Independent Commissioner: Idrus Paturusi