In mid-week (May 5), he announced the appointment of I Gusti Nyoman Wiratmaja as the new Director General for Oil and Gas, one of the most powerful position in the ministry. Previously, Wiratmaja was acting director general for oil and gas. Wiratmaja beats other candidates, including Said Didu, expert staff of the energy minister and former secretary general of the State Owned Enterprise.
Wiratmaja was previously a professor at the Bandung Institute of Technology (ITB). On Jan 31, 2013, he was appointed as an expert staff of the energy minister when Jero Wacik was still the energy and mineral resources minister.
Early this week, Wacik has been detained by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on gratification case. Wiratmaja got his undergraduate degree from ITB in 1987 and master’s degree from the same institute in 1994. Two years later he got his doctorate degree from University of Kentucky, US.
On Thursday (May 5), Minister Sudirman Said, former president director of state owned PT Pindad, install 43 echelon I and II officials at the Energy Ministry as well the Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas Business (SKK Migas).
The other newly appointed top officials are as follows:
– Director General for Electricity : Jarman
– Director General for Coal and Minerals : Bambang Gatot (previously an expert staff at the ministry)
– Director General for New, Renewable and Energy Conservation : Rida Mulyana (reappointed)
– Secretary General of National Energy Council : Satry Nugraha
Top SKK Migas new officials:
– Deputy Chairman of SKK Migas : M. I. Zikrullah
– Secretary of SKK Migas : Budi Agustyono
– Deputy Chairman for Planning Control : Gunawan Sutadiwirjaja
– Deputy Chairman for Business Support : Rudianto Rimbono