JAKARTA (Rambu Energy) – Geothermal power plant PLTP Patuha in Bandung Regency, West Java with capacity of 55 megawatt hour (MW) is now in the process of synchronizing with the Java-Madura-Bali power grid system, owned and operated by state utility firm PT PLN.
“It is hope that the electricity produced (by the power plant) will improve the capacity of the Java-Madura-Bali transmission grid of PLN,” the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry (ESDM) said.
Last week, PLTP Patuha was inaugurated by Acting Energy and Mineral Resources Minister Chairul Tanjung, along with other power plants in the country.
PLTP Patuha is developed by PT Geo Dipa Energy with total investment of US$144 million.
The other power plants that were inaugurated by the government last week were as follows:
• PLTU Nanggro Aceh Darussalam-Nagan Raya Unit 1 and 2 with capacity of 2×110 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to Aceh and North Sumatera regions. PLN expects to save Rp1.67 trillion per year, once the power plant is in operation.
• PLTU Riau Island-Tanjung Balai Karimun with capacity of 2×7 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to people residing in Karimun Island. PLN expects to save Rp212 billion per year.
• PLTU West Sumatera-Teluk Sirih, with capacity of 2×112 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to West Sumatera and help PLN to save around Rp3.4 trillion per annum.
• PLTU Lampung-Tarahan Baru Unit 1, with capacity of 100 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to Lampung region and will aid PLN to save around Rp1.5 trillion per year once the power plant operates.
• PLTU 2 West Java-Pelabuhan Ratu, with capacity of 3×350 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to Pelabuhan Ratu, southern part of West Java as well as the Java-Bali power grid system.
• PLTU 3 East Java-Tanjung Awar-Awar Unit 1, with capacity of 350 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to East Java and the Java-Bali power grid system.
• PLTU South Sulawesi-Barru with capacity of 2×50 MW. The power plant will distribute electricity to South Sulawesi province and will help PLN to save around Rp1.5 trillion per annum.
• PLTU South East Sulawesi -Kendari Unit 1, with capacity of 10 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to South East Sulawesi and will help PLN to save around 151 billion per annum.
• PLTU Lombok-Mataram NTB unit 3 with capacity of 25 MW. The power plant will supply electricity to Lombok area and will help the government to ave around Rp379 billion per year.
The power plant projects have a total capacity of 1,983 MW of electricity with combined investment value of US$1.569 billion. (*)[review]