JAKARTA (RambuEnergy) – PT Medco Energi Internasional Tbk (IDX:MEDC) has begun the commercial operation of the third and final unit in the phase one development of the Sarulla Geothermal Power Project.
The commercial operation of the project’s first and second units began on 18 March 2017 and 2 October 2017 respectively.
The Sarulla geothermal project is the world’s largest single-contract geothermal power plant and is located in Pahae Jae and Pahae Julu Districts, North Tapanuli Regency, North Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The U$1.7 billion project generates approximately 330MW, enough to power 2.1 million Indonesian households. The Project is sponsored by a consortium of Medco Power Indonesia, ITOCHU Corporation, Kyushu Electric Power Co., INPEX, and Ormat Technologies.
“I am very pleased with the completion of this 330MW Sarulla Geothermal Power Project, it demonstrates the Company’s continued support to Indonesia’s economic development and our commitment to deliver value to our stakeholders,” Hilmi Panigoro, President Director of MedcoEnergi, said.
- Title : Sarulla Geothermal Independent Power Producer (IPP)
- Project Location : Sarulla, North Sumatra, Republic of Indonesia
- Total output : 330 MW (3 units)
- Operating company : Sarulla Operations Ltd.
- Shareholders of operating company : Kyushu Electric Power Co., Ltd. 25%, ITOCHU Corporation 25%, PT Medco Power Indonesia 18.9975%, INPEX CORPORATION 18.2525%, Ormat Technologies, Inc. 12.75%