JAKARTA (RambuEnergy.com) – State electricity company PT Perusahaan Listrik Negara (PLN) on Wednesday signed agreement with BP Berau, the operator of Tangguh LNG project to purchase 16 cargoes of LNG per year to meet the need of its Java I gas power plant.
The gas sales and purchase agreement (GSA) was signed on the sideline of the Indonesia Petroleum Association (IPA) convention in Jakarta on Wednesday (May 17).
The GSA was among six gas sales and purchase agreements signed by gas producers and buyers. The value of the contracts reached around US$5 billion.
The Head of the Special Task Force for Upstream Oil and Gas (SKK Migas) Amien Sunaryadi said all the gas purchased will be used to meet domestic market needs.
The other GSA agreements were as follows:
– GSA agreement between Conoco Phillips (Grissik) Ltd as producers and gas distributor PT Perusahaan Gas Negara Tbk (IDX:PGAS) with total gas volume of 37 BBTUD to meet the gas needs of industries in Dumai and Pekanbaru, Sumatera.
– EMP Bentu Limited (Producer) and PT Pertamina (buyer) with gas volume of 0.2 MMSCFD to meet gas needs of households in Pekanbaru, Riau province.
– EMP Bentu Limited (producer) and PT Perusahaan Daerah (Persda) Tuah Sekata (buyer) to generate power at volume of 6 BBTUD, up from 3 BBTUD previously.
– Petrogas Basin as producer with PT Malamoi Olom Wobok as buyer for electricity needs with volume of 8 MMSCFD.
– PetroChina International Jabung Limited with PT Gemilang Jabung Energi for electricity needs in Tanjung Jabung Barat Regency, with volume of 2 BBTUD in the first and second phases as well as 5 BBTUD in the third year and afterwards.